Please contact Tournament Coordinator Rachel Reece at (901)326-4947 or email@example.com with any questions.
2016 Volunteer Committee Descriptions
Admissions Volunteers are responsible for staffing the ticket booth and assisting security to ensure that all spectators have the proper tickets for entry. Will Call Volunteers are responsible for staffing a location for ticket buyers to pick up previously purchased tickets. This committee will also greet and direct spectators as they arrive on the course.
- Shifts are available Tuesday – Sunday for Admissions/Will Call.
Caddie Tent Volunteers are responsible for assisting the professional caddies throughout the Tournament. Volunteers are also responsible for distributing and collecting caddie bibs, towels and lunch vouchers. Other duties include managing the Caddie Tent and caddie registration.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for the Caddie Tent.
Carts Committee Volunteers manage the cart area and control the charging, distribution, and collection of carts to authorized personnel. Volunteers will also be responsible for using carts on the course to help shuttle players and Volunteers.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for the Carts Committee.
Driving Range Volunteers assist in providing and maintaining a suitable driving range for all players. Specific duties include maintaining supplies such as range balls, beverages and player identification signs.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for the Driving Range.
Food Festival Volunteers will be responsible for greeting and directing attendees to the appropriate starting zones, distributing glasses and maps, and replenishing supplies to stations throughout the Walmart AMP. Volunteers will be divided into two shifts for each night, and will have the opportunity to enjoy the Food Festival once their respective shift is over. Please note that this committee is physically demanding and that Volunteers will be exposed to the heat for extended periods of time.
- Shifts are available Thursday – Friday for the Food Festival Committee.
Finance Committee Volunteers assist Tournament Staff with providing check-cashing services to LPGA players and caddies. A certified CPA or a background in banking is preferred.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for the Finance Committee.
Hospitality Volunteers assist in the Suites on the 17th and 18th Green. Duties include helping to ensure an enjoyable experience for spectators by helping to get the crowd excited and by reminding spectators of golf etiquette.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for the Hospitality Committee.
Marshals ensure fair play among all participants as well as the safety of spectators. Marshals are located throughout the course with a focus on the tees, landing areas, greens and spectator crosswalks. There is a mandatory pre-tournament training session for this committee held during the Volunteer Uniform Distribution Event.
- Shifts are available Wednesday – Sunday for Marshals.
Volunteers assist Tournament Staff with the general operations of the Media Center and promotion of the Tournament. Duties include checking in members of the media, assisting with clipping articles and other tasks as assigned by the Tournament Staff.
- Shifts are available Tuesday – Sunday for the Media Center.
Player Services Volunteers are responsible for player registration as well as the set-up and organization of the locker room. Duties also include distributing player mail, encouraging players to sign memorabilia, assisting with the Pro-Am by printing pictures and placing them into frames signed by the players and handling miscellaneous player requests.
***Volunteers are needed on the Sunday before the Tournament to set- up the player locker room.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for Player Services. This committee is for Women ONLY.
Pro-Am Volunteers are responsible for assisting the Tournament Staff with amateur registration, coordination of the bag drop with the Pro Shop and gift bag assembly/distribution.
- Shifts are available Monday, Wednesday & Thursday for the Pro-Am Committee.
Volunteers assist groups participating in the Pro-Am by driving carts, caddying, and fulfilling various other duties.
- Shifts are available Wednesday & Thursday for the Pro-Am Operations Committee.
Scoring Central Volunteers are responsible for obtaining the scores from Walking Scorers via radio and entering them into the computer for the electronic scoreboard. Computer skills and the capability to use radio is preferred.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for the Scoring Central Committee.
Volunteers are stationed in the scoring tents behind the 9th and 18th holes and obtain scorecards from the players after they have completed their round. The “Runners” are responsible for running scores at the completion of each round to the necessary locations.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for the Scoring Tents/Runners Committee.
Standard Bearers are responsible for carrying a standard (with the names and scores for each professional) on the course for an entire round. Physically demanding; Volunteers should be at least 13 years old and able to walk 18 holes of golf while carrying a standard. A Tournament t-shirt is provided for the Volunteer to wear during the shift. No fee required, unless Volunteer benefits wanted. Some golf knowledge is helpful.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for Standard Bearers.
Volunteers are responsible for distributing product such as water, soda and snacks throughout the course. This committee is physically demanding. Supply Distribution Volunteers should know how to operate a golf cart.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for the Supply Distribution Committee.
Volunteers assist the television network staff in production of the telecast. Substantial golf knowledge is necessary; physically demanding.
- Television Committee Volunteers are needed Friday – Sunday of Tournament Week and MUST be available to work all three days.
Volunteers are responsible for transporting players, staff and VIPs to various locations (including hotels, the airport and private housing) in courtesy vehicles provided by the Tournament. This committee works before and after the Tournament. A copy of your license is required. Volunteers are needed to help with staging of vehicles on the Saturday and Sunday before the Tournament and the Monday after the Tournament.
- Shifts are available the Saturday before the Tournament through the Monday after the Tournament for the Transportation Committee.
Volunteers are responsible for staffing the Volunteer Center, handling uniform distribution and maintaining a comfortable working environment for the Volunteers.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday during Tournament Week for Volunteer Services.
- Volunteers are also needed to help with Volunteer Distribution the Saturday before the Tournament.
Each scorer follows a particular group with a wireless handheld palm and headset, marking each stroke and specific statistics. At the end of each hole, these Volunteers are responsible for communicating scores to the central scoring network. Training will be provided, however substantial golf knowledge is necessary. Volunteers must be able to walk 18 holes.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for Walking Scorers.