Please contact Tournament Coordinator Cate Oldfather at (610) 952-8023 or Cate.Oldfather@octagon.com for any questions or concerns that you may have about volunteering for the 2015 Walmart NW Arkansas Championship presented by P&G.
Admissions volunteers are responsible for staffing the ticket booth and assisting security to ensure that all spectators have the proper tickets for entry. Will Call Volunteers are responsible for staffing a location for ticket buyers to pick up previously purchased tickets.
- Shifts are available Tuesday – Sunday for Admission/Will Call.
Caddie Tent Volunteers are responsible for assisting the professional caddies throughout the Tournament. Volunteers are also responsible for distributing and collecting caddie bibs, towels and lunch vouchers. Other duties include managing the caddie tent and caddie registration.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for Caddie Tent.
Manage the Cart Area and control the charging, distribution, and collection of carts to authorized personnel. Volunteers will also be responsible for using carts on course to help shuttle players.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for Carts Committee.
Assist in providing and maintaining a suitable driving range for all players. Specific duties include maintaining supplies such as range balls, beverages and player identification signs.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for Driving Range.
Hospitality Volunteers help in the Suites on the 17th and 18th Green. You will help ensure and enjoyable experience for spectators by helping get crowd excited and also making spectators aware of golf etiquette.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for Hospitality Committee.
Assist Tournament Staff with providing check-cashing services to LPGA players and caddies. A certified CPA or a background in banking is preferred.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for Finance Committee.
Ensure fair play among all participants as well as safety for spectators, and are stationed at locations throughout the course. Focus is on the tees, landing areas, greens and spectator crosswalks. There is a mandatory pre-tournament training session for this position.
- Shifts are available Wednesday – Sunday for Marshals.
Assist Tournament Staff with the general operations of the Media Center and promotion of the Tournament. Duties include checking in members of the media, assisting with clipping articles and other tasks as assigned by the tournament staff.
- Shifts are available Tuesday – Sunday for the Media Center.
NW Arkansas Food Festival
Volunteers for the food festival will assist staff at the Walmart AMP in the following areas: restaurant/brewery set-up, cooking demonstration preparation, sample serving, product refreshment, operational assistance, demo kitchen management, etc. If you’re looking for a fast-paced and fun volunteer opportunity – look no further!
- Shifts available Thursday and Friday Evening of Tournament Week.
Responsible for player registration as well as set up & organization of the locker room, player mail distribution and handling miscellaneous player requests. Volunteers are needed on the Sunday before the Tournament to set up the player locker room.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for Player Services. This committee is for Women ONLY.
Responsible for assisting the Tournament staff with amateur registration, coordination of bag drop with the Pro Shop and gift bag assembly/distribution.
- Shifts are available Wednesday & Thursday for Pro-Am Committee.
Assist groups participating in the Pro-Am, including driving carts, caddie, and various other duties.
- Shifts are available Wednesday & Thursday for Pro-Am Operations Committee.
Scoring Central Volunteers are responsible for obtaining the scores from walking scorers via radio and entering them into the computer for the electronic scoreboard. Computer skills and capability to use radio is preferred.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for Scoring Central Committee.
Stationed in the scoring tents behind 9th and 18th holes; you will obtain scorecards from the players after they have completed their round. The “Runners” are responsible for running scores at the completion of each round to the necessary locations.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for Scoring Tents/Runners Committee.
Responsible for carrying a standard (with the names and scores for each professional) on the course for an entire round. Physically demanding; volunteers should be at least 13 years old and able to walk 18 holes of golf & carry a standard for entire round. A tournament t-shirt will be provided for the volunteer to wear during your shift. No fee required, unless volunteer benefits wanted. Some golf knowledge is helpful.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for Standard Bearers.
Responsible for distributing product such as water, soda and snacks throughout the course. This committee is physically demanding.
- Shifts are available Monday – Sunday for Supply Distribution Committee.
Assist the television network staff in production of telecast. Substantial golf knowledge is necessary; physically demanding.
- Television Committee Volunteers are needed Friday – Sunday of Tournament Week and MUST be available to work all three days.
Responsible for transporting players, staff and VIPs to various locations (including hotel, airport and private housing) in courtesy vehicles provided by the Tournament. Committee works before & after Tournament. A copy of your license is required. Volunteers are needed to help with staging of vehicles on the Saturday and Sunday before the Tournament and the Monday after the Tournament.
- Shifts are available the Sunday before the tournament through the Monday after the tournament for the Transportation Committee.
Responsible for staffing the volunteer headquarters, handling uniform distribution and maintaining a comfortable working environment for the volunteers. Volunteers are needed during advance week for the distribution of uniforms to all volunteers.
- Shifts are available Saturday before tournament and Monday – Sunday during Tournament Week for Volunteer Services.
- Volunteers are also need to help with Volunteer Distribution Saturday before the Tournament.
Each scorer follows a particular group with a wireless handheld palm and headset, marking each stroke and specific statistics. At the end of each hole, these volunteers are responsible for communicating scores to the central scoring network. Training will be provided, however, substantial golf knowledge is necessary. Must be able to walk 18 holes.
- Shifts are available Friday – Sunday for Walking Scorers.